My venture in art started with a Mother’s Day Gift of an oil painting kit. Drawing upon my love of flowers and color, the kit allowed me to explore another world. Soon I was taking classes and meeting other artists.
Painting provides a voice to my unique vision of reality as I explore the wonder of color, form and emotion interacting on the canvas. Now, working in acrylics allows me the flexibility to build my painting with overlapping strokes of color. I place the colors freely and boldly using whatever I can get my hands on, including brushes, palette knives and sponges. I enjoy this contemporary approach to traditional subjects.
• Athenaeum Show, Park Blvd., San Diego, CA
• Celebration of Art, Del Mar, CA
• Gallery 21 in Spanish Village, Balboa Park, San Diego, CA
• Museum of Art, Artist Guild, San Diego, CA
• On The Edge Gallery, La Mesa, CA
• San Diego County Fair, Del Mar, CA
• Temple Emanu-El [Artisan Festival], San Diego, CA
• The Studio Door, San Diego, CA
• Athenaeum, San Diego, CA w/Ken Goldman
• Foothills Art Association, La Mesa, CA
• Mesa College, San Diego, CA
• San Diego Art Department, San Diego, CA
• San Diego State College, San Diego, CA w/Bill Bowne
• The Studio Door [Incubator Lab], San Diego, CA w/Patric Stillman